Thursday, October 20, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas

Being in school again I've realized how important it is to plan my meals ahead and always have some sort of snack on hand, or else I'm always buying food from the cafeteria. I'm not always perfect about it, but I do have a few snacks that I like to always have around the house. Roasted chickpeas are a delicious and healthier (not to mention cheaper) alternative to store bought, processed corn nuts. And they're easy to make!

Ingredients:
-1 (15oz) can of chickpeas
-olive oil
-spices of your choosing (I like salt, pepper, dill and parmesan. Another good combo with some kick would be  chilli powder and garlic.) To taste

Preheat oven to 400*F.

Drain, rinse and dry chickpeas thoroughly. Let sit for a few minutes to air dry. Spread chickpeas across a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Toss gently with olive oil until all are fully coated. Sprinkle on spices.

Bake for 20 minutes, then give a little shake so they roast evenly. Bake for another 20 minutes.

Season with additional spices if needed. Let cool before eating.

These work well carried around in a plastic ziploc baggy- you'll never find yourself forking over $2.50 for a bag of corn nuts again!

Enjoy! 
And don't forget to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment